Stellan Skarsgard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stellan Skarsgard

forum of discussion about Stellan Skarsgard

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Insomnia

Go down 
+2
Admin
wiki
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wiki

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2006-06-06

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyTue 6 Jun - 23:58

Has anyone seen the original version of Insomnia? The movie is just awesom. Stellan plays the main-character, Jonas Engström, an “evil” policemen. Stellan is doing his job frigthently good. The character is darker than Terry Glass.

Hollywood has made a remake of this great movie a few years ago. I think, this was unnecessary. The original movie is far better than the remake, but very dark and violent.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2006-05-12

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyWed 7 Jun - 11:30

I still have yet to see the Original Insomnia, I will probably have to order it from my DVD Store. I so want to see it, I thought the remake was great, but I'm saying this because I Still haven't seen the original. I'm sure the original is better though
Back to top Go down
http://stellanskarsgard.tripod.com
wiki

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyWed 7 Jun - 12:11

I think the main difference between the two version is the main character. In the original movie the policeman is a very selfish guy who only cares about himself and no one else.

He isn't someone who might like. In the remake the policeman is a nice guy, who always tries his best. Someone the viewer can identify with.

And the ending is different. The original movie hasn't such a hollywood-ending.

The movie is rather hard, for example the dog isn't that until he meets Stellan.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2006-05-12

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyThu 8 Jun - 0:13

Yea i have to agree that the Remake was having a Hollywood Ending. I'll watch the Original soon.
Back to top Go down
http://stellanskarsgard.tripod.com
ela

ela

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyWed 2 May - 9:48

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i want to see the original version of Insomnia, too.
but here is so hard to find it.

i have seen the remake,, good movie!!
but i believe that the original version is more awesome..

hope i could find the original version soon.
banzaii!!
Back to top Go down
wiki

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyWed 6 Jun - 18:12

yeah, the original version is hard to get. i had the luck that it was broadcasted on television, otherwise i would'nt have seen the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyThu 31 Jul - 17:57

The Movie "Insomnia" was really good. I was so happy, when I bought it from an internet store in Great Britain, because in Germany you couldnīt get it. It sometimes was shown on television, but in Germany are the films always translated. Thatīs a point that makes me sad and crazy. So I look in the whole internet, where I can get movies in the original language. I sometimes donīt care if I donīt get german or english subtitles. The most important thing for me is to hear the original voices of the actors. Of course Stellan, but also the other people. I think, itīs much better for getting into the movie, when you hear the original language. However, thatīs my opinion, maybe you think different. Thatīs ok. Have a nice time... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.studivz.net/Profile/8f1183ab2dc6ad4e/tid/102
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptySun 14 Sep - 17:04

That is not interesting for everybody, but I saw, that this movie will be shown on german television.

“INSOMNIA”

October 04th, 01.10 AM – 02.45 AM on 3Sat
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyMon 15 Sep - 13:47

flower Thanks again for the info, Sabrina.

I know it is not ideal to watch the movie in German but itīs better than not having seen it at all. Iīm looking forward to watching it. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyMon 15 Sep - 14:14

When you have seen it, you can think of buying the DVD. Thatīs also great.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:01

Iīll be in London in the middle of October so I could try to get the DVD there.

I agree that it is nice to buy the DVD after youīve seen a movie in German and then you can watch it in English which is always completely different. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:03

To correct you - this movie is in norwegian and swedish. Only english subtitles. I got the DVD an www.amazon.co.uk

I hope you will have a nice time in London...
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:10

Very Happy Thank you and sorry for the misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:17

To say it in swedish: inga problem.

Just keep posting so much. I canīt leave the PC by the time.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyMon 6 Oct - 13:11

Wink I watched the movie when it was on TV on Friday. However, I fell asleep for a few minutes as I was so tired but at least I saw the beginning and the end. Luckily, a friend recorded the movie for me and she is going to give it to me on Saturday.

I liked very much what I saw from the movie and I canīt wait to watch the complete film. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyTue 7 Oct - 5:45

sunshine wrote:
However, I fell asleep for a few minutes as I was so tired but at least I saw the beginning and the end. Luckily, a friend recorded the movie for me and she is going to give it to me on Saturday.

I liked very much what I saw from the movie and I canīt wait to watch the complete film.

Thatīs bad. You canīt just sleep when Stellan is on the screen.

I hope you will get the original version (in norwegian with english subtitles). Itīs always better to see the movies in the original language. I also have a few ones in swedish without any subtitles. Yeah, Iīm crazy, I know.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyTue 7 Oct - 13:37

Quote :
Thatīs bad. You canīt just sleep when Stellan is on the screen.

I know and I feel really ashamed for that. Rolling Eyes I was just so tired in the middle of the night that I just fell asleep. I do hope that my friend is going to give me the tape next Saturday.

Quote :
I hope you will get the original version (in norwegian with english subtitles). Itīs always better to see the movies in the original language. I also have a few ones in swedish without any subtitles. Yeah, Iīm crazy, I know.

It depends if Iīm flying to London or not but if I do as I planned Iīm going to look for the original version.
No, you are not crazy to have the movies in Swedish because your Swedish is quite good and Iīm glad that you help me to learn a bit of Swedish. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyThu 16 Oct - 11:12

I hope that you get the original version, itīs really better, I promise.
Thank you very much when you think that my swedish is good. And I like it when I can help you a little bit with learning. It īs quite funnier when we can learn it together. Just keep sending sentences to me and Iīll answer...
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyThu 16 Oct - 16:10

Wink As I wonīt go away on holiday for long I plan to buy a few films at amazon and "Insomnia" is one of them because my friend has already forgotten 3 times to give it to me and Iīm really getting a bit annoyed about her. She always says she thought about it but forgot about it at the last minute.
I know original versions are usually the best but for the beginning watching the movie in German was better than nothing. Rolling Eyes

As for my Swedish, I kept on learning a bit of grammar but Iīm sure Iīm not making much progress. Thanks for your help (Itīs much appreciated!) and, of course, it is much more fun to learn together. sunny
I find it a bit embarassing to send you sentences in Swedish because I know I make a lot of mistakes. :roll:and you might go crazy correcting them all. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyThu 16 Oct - 16:26

sunshine wrote:
As for my Swedish, I kept on learning a bit of grammar but Iīm sure Iīm not making much progress. Thanks for your help (Itīs much appreciated!) and, of course, it is much more fun to learn together.
I find it a bit embarassing to send you sentences in Swedish because I know I make a lot of mistakes. And you might go crazy correcting them all.

Iīm not going crazy. Itīs funny and I wonīt be angry at you for making some few mistakes. But I will tell you, that you donīt make the (little) mistakes again. Just for your best.
And I found this for you when you are planning to buy the movie:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Insomnia-Maria-Mathiesen/dp/B00008DI51/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1224188567&sr=8-4
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyThu 16 Oct - 16:51

sunny Thank you, Sabrina. Wink

Itīs good to learn from mistakes and not make the same mistake again. Therefore itīs quite good to have a skilled and good teacher like you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Princess

Princess

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyThu 16 Oct - 18:55

i'd like to find Insominia, funny I thought it was an English speaking movie, goes to show what I know, well I'll probably get the original and drive my husband nuts with the subtitles Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia EmptyFri 17 Oct - 4:30

Thanks, Sunshine, when you think that Iīm a good teacher. I will do my best for you, I promise.

Princess wrote:
i'd like to find Insomnia, funny I thought it was an English speaking movie, goes to show what I know, well I'll probably get the original and drive my husband nuts with the subtitles

You can be happy that the DVD has english subtitles. I was driving my mother crazy with some movies in English with swedish subtitles. On some scenes she wasnīt understanding the english speaking people and was crazy about the swedish subtitles. It was for example the movie "Walk the Line".
If you to make your husband crazy, turn the subtitles off. Then you will have a funny evening...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia   Insomnia Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomnia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stellan Skarsgard :: Stellan Skarsgard :: Stellan Discussion-
Jump to: