Stellan Skarsgard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stellan Skarsgard

forum of discussion about Stellan Skarsgard

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunt for Red October

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hotstepper

hotstepper

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-08-03

The Hunt for Red October Empty
PostSubject: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyWed 9 Aug - 12:00

It had been years since I've seen this movie, and it was on television the other day. It's a good film, and it is not like me to say but this film did not achieve it's full Stellan potential. His character could have been better developed and interesting, but the screen time did not allow for it. I would have loved to have seen what he would have done with the character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/49128163
wiki

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2006-06-06

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyWed 9 Aug - 14:07

I’ve also seen this movie a few days ago on television (it was the first time i saw this one). I have to agree with you on your comments about the movie and stellans character. It was a shame, that he had so less screen-time. I’ve heard, that his part was supposed to be bigger, but then edited down.
Back to top Go down
hotstepper

hotstepper

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyFri 11 Aug - 10:46

I can see how that would be the case.
Usually I have no problem with the amount of screen time an actor gets.
It's all about the quality of the movie, ya know?
However - in this case, the quality of the movie would have increased with more Skarsgard.

But, noooooooo- the movie is all about Connery's character. Let's give him all the screen time. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/49128163
Sabrina

Sabrina

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptySun 5 Oct - 18:48

Yes, itīs a good movie. But when I want to see a movie with Stellan, Iīm angry when he doesnīt come all the time (by the way, even the character in "Deep Blue Sea" was bigger"). So, I watched this movie with my mother, waited for Stellan and he never came. My mother had to say to me when he was coming at least, because I was so angry and made other things while the film was playing.
The same was with "Wallander: Hundarna i Riga": I knew that he was in this movie but I watched the film because of Rolf Lassgård. And when Stellan came I didnīt know that it was him. He looked so different (not to say terrible. When anyone has seen the movie, she will know what I mean).
Some movies arenīt supposed to watch them more than one or two times...
Back to top Go down
http://www.studivz.net/Profile/8f1183ab2dc6ad4e/tid/102
wiki

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyMon 6 Oct - 12:47

i saw it once on television. it's been quite a while, but i remember that stellan had a strange hairstyle...
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyMon 6 Oct - 13:27

Rolling Eyes I really should watch this movie again since I canīt remember Stellan in it. I had bought the film many years ago because I like Sam Neill.
I know this is quite embarassing but I canīt remember Stellan in this movie at all. When Iīll be on holiday in 2 weeks time then I should have lots of time to watch all my Stellan movies. Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wiki

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyTue 7 Oct - 0:18

I don't think that's really embarassing, because Stellans part is reeeeeeally small. He has very small scenes and little to say.
Talkig about Sam Neill: Have you seen the tudors? Actually, I don't know much about Sam Neill, but I found him very interesting in the Tudors. I mean, he played a very intersting character and he really could act.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyTue 7 Oct - 6:05

Yes, Sunshine, you really donīt have to worry about that. You can look in your DVD on 1.57 when you donīt have the time to watch the whole movie.

When itīs allowed to answer the question about Sam Neill: I havenīt seen "The Tudors" but I liked "The Piano" very much and of course the "Jurassic Park" - Films.
Back to top Go down
http://www.studivz.net/Profile/8f1183ab2dc6ad4e/tid/102
Princess

Princess

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyTue 7 Oct - 11:13

Jurassic Park is awesome, I haven't seen Hunt for REd October in many many years, must invest the time and watch it, if I remember correctly I liked it quite a bit. To be honest though at that time I don't think I even knew who Stellan was.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October EmptyTue 7 Oct - 13:48

Quote :
Talkig about Sam Neill: Have you seen the tudors? Actually, I don't know much about Sam Neill, but I found him very interesting in the Tudors. I mean, he played a very intersting character and he really could act.

Quote :
When itīs allowed to answer the question about Sam Neill: I havenīt seen "The Tudors" but I liked "The Piano" very much and of course the "Jurassic Park" - Films.

Wink Oh..I love The Tudors. I lived in London when the first series was on TV there. I never missed a single episode and when I was back in London in July I bought the first season. Very Happy Sam Neill is brilliant in the series because he plays this rather mean and sleazy priest. Very Happy
Iīm not too fond of Jurassic Park but I like "Country life" (that is not a well known movie I know so probably no one here has ever heard of it). The piano is nice, too. Very Happy
I also recommend watching "The Dish" when it comes to Sam Neill and, of course, "Dead calm".

Quote :
Yes, Sunshine, you really donīt have to worry about that. You can look in your DVD on 1.57 when you donīt have the time to watch the whole movie.

Thanks for the information, Wiki and Sabrina. Yes, Iīll probably do that as it saves me time. I mean I know the movie quite well. Itīs one of the favourite movies of a good friend of mine. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt for Red October   The Hunt for Red October Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunt for Red October
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stellan Skarsgard :: Stellan Skarsgard :: Stellan Discussion-
Jump to: