Stellan Skarsgard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stellan Skarsgard

forum of discussion about Stellan Skarsgard

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stellan movies

Go down 
+2
wiki
oobujoobu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oobujoobu

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-06-23

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyFri 23 Jun - 6:30

Hey everyone,

I've posted an intro message in the relevant part of the forum with a list of Stellan's films I've seen but I thought I'd post them here too in case anyone has any questions about any of them that they were thinking of buying/renting. Or I'd love to discuss any of them that others have seen. Maybe some of you have the few I'm missing too. Here's the films:

Dominion: prequel to the exorcist, exorcist: the beginning, king arthur, eiffeltornet, dogville, helen of troy, city of ghosts, no good deed, the glass house, taking sides, powder keg, aberdeen, dancer in the dark, timecode, signs and wonders, passion of mind, kiss kiss (bang bang), deep blue sea, ronin, glasblåsarns barn, good will hunting, my son the fanatic, insomnia, breaking the waves, harry och sonja, jönssonligans största kupp, kådisbellan, wind, S/Y Glädjen...

Ha det så bra, as Stellan would say...

Jen
Back to top Go down
wiki

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2006-06-06

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 25 Jun - 1:49

As is said before, your movie-list is really impressive. Actually I'm thinking about expanting my movie-list a little bit.

So I would like to know your opinion about the following movies and whether I should buy them or not:
Wind
Ronin
Helen of Troy

That's it.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
oobujoobu

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-06-23

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 25 Jun - 8:14

Well, I recommend buying Ronin if you like Hollywood action-type films. Stellan has a supporting role as part of a team of people after a mysterious package wanted by other international organisations. The film has what is considered to be the best car chase scene in film history and a fast paced storyline with some good lines and acting from De Niro. It's not one of those filsm where you're going to get any classic acting scenes from Stellan as the film is obviously focussed mainly around De Niro but still a recommended buy. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Haven't seen it for a fair while actually, must watch it again!

I didn't think that Wind would be particularly interesting as it's about boat racing and I only bought it because I found it very cheap. The story revolves around Will Parker (Matthew Modine) who is determined to win the America's Cup after a painful failure in a previous race. He enlists the help of his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend (played by Stellan). There is some interesting tension in the film due to this situation with the two men but it is obviously very heavily centered around boat racing so could be a bit boring for non-enthusiasts. I myself am no fan of boats but enjoyed the acting from Stellan so it was worth buying cheap. Wouldn't be top of my list though, it depends how keen you are to see all of Stellan's work!

As for Helen of Troy I have to admit I have not seen it for quite some time so can't offer many insightful comments about it. I know it wouldn't be top of my list as again Stellan has a fairly minor role in a big supporting cast. I'll have to dig it out and get back to you.

The problem with a lot of stellan's films is that the easiest ones to get hold of are the Hollywood ones where Stellan only has minor roles and they're your typical hollywood fair. The best films which revolve around Stellan and really showcase his acting talent are unfortunately more difficult to get hold of. I recommend looking on ebay or amazon to find some of his greatest work such as Aberdeen, Breaking the Waves, Taking Sides, Insomnia etc.
Back to top Go down
wiki

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 25 Jun - 12:51

I know that problem very well. Crying or Very sad

It's really hard to get the good movies, because they are sadly never realeased in my country. That sucks.

I really try my best to get some poor-quality copies from time to time. (sometimes on vhs as well).

Im really glad that I've managed to get a copy of Aberdeen and Insomnia. Although both movies aren't available where I live. And you are right, this movies are really masterpieces.

What really sucks is, that I can't get a copy of kiss kiss bang bang cause I really would like to have this film.
Back to top Go down
john

john

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-06-05

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 26 Jun - 18:30

Where are you from, wiki?
Back to top Go down
wiki

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyTue 27 Jun - 0:49

Somewhere in the middle of europa. English movies usually don't make is this far, if they aren't transalated. And usually only blockbusters get dubbed. Sad
Back to top Go down
john

john

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-06-05

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 3 Jul - 14:00

I'd try Ebay if I were you. I sometimes see versions of english movies for other regions of DVD players.
Back to top Go down
ela

ela

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyWed 2 May - 12:07

wow...
i found that there's so many Stellan movies i haven't see.
sadly..
i'm desperately to get those movies. but here is not much i can get.
just Dominion, Exorcist, Ronin, Helen of Troy, Glass House, Pirates of the Carribean.
i try to collect every Stellan movies that i can get here.
i'm dying to see the original version of Insomnia...
maybe i should try harder.
wish me luck.. jocolor

oobujoobu, where are you com from?
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 7 Sep - 16:32

sunny I guess this is the right Sunshine (Sunny) smilie for me. By the way, thanks very much for that nice smilie! Smile sunny

I counted my number of Stellan movies and I counted 16. I will get 3 more movies in the next 2 or 3 weeks so that`s great.

At the moment my 4 favourite movies are Dominion/The Exorcist, Ronin and Good Will Hunting. However, that may change once I´ll have seen a couple of more movies. flower
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 7 Sep - 17:15

I really understand that you are happy of getting more and more films.
My favorite ones are: Oxen, Aberdeen, Den Demokratiske Terroristen and The Glass House.
But all the movies are great. Sometimes I don´t like that Stellan has so little roles to play (Savior).
Back to top Go down
http://www.studivz.net/Profile/8f1183ab2dc6ad4e/tid/102
wiki

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySat 13 Sep - 2:41

I guess my favourite movie is God afton, Herr Wallenberg. I really loved this movie.

Although I also like the other movies both of you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySat 13 Sep - 11:06

Cool Hi Wiki,

God afton, Herr Wallenberg was on TV here the other day and I loved it very much though the movie is so sad which is why I probably wouldn´t watch it very often.
But it´s a brilliant film and I love it when Stellan speaks German. Smile
Back to top Go down
wiki

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 14 Sep - 1:36

Hi.

Yeah, often there's beauty in sadness, i think. Of course, I don't watch "God afton, Herr Wallenberg" every day, but the movie really impressed me. And yes, I kind of like sad movies (from time to time).

As far as I remember, Stellan spoke a few sentences German in "Taking Sides" and "the democratic terrorist" as well. At least the last movie is also set in Germany.

By the way, "Der demokratische Terrorist" will be released in december in germany. But I'm not sure, that the release the DVD with the original audio-language. The movie was originally shot in english, sometime they actors talk swedish or a littel bit german. I'm quite sure that the germans dubed the movie.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 14 Sep - 6:06

I haven´t seen Taking Sides yet but it should be in the mail this week.
I haven´t seen "The democratic terrorist" as well. Thank you for the information about the DVD. Yes, I´m sure the movie will be dubbed but when it´s available on DVD the film can usually be watched in the original language as well. Let´s hope that this is the case here.

I watched The Glass House the other day and I´m quite impressed. I´m sure that I will watch the movie a lot more times. flower
Back to top Go down
wiki

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 14 Sep - 12:28

It's quite a long time since I watched "The glass house", but the I remember, but it's a pretty cool movie. I guess I have to watch the DVD again. Stellan really gives a terrific performance in this movie. But that wasn't the only reason I liked "the glass house".

I'm quite excited about your opinion about "Taking Sides". Because it's a very theater like movie. As far as I know, the movie is even based on some theatrical play.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 14 Sep - 12:57

I will let you know my opinion as soon as I watched Taking Sides. I hope it arrives till the end of next week and then I can watch it straight away.

Yes, The Glass House is a great movie. I´m happy that I have it on DVD now.
I also think that Stellan looks absolutely gorgeous in this movie. (not only in The Glass House but always, of course! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptySun 14 Sep - 16:06

It´s great that you will get “Taking Sides” during the next week, Sunshine.
And don´t worry about “Den Demokratiske Terroristen”. When you get it from me, it´s in english – just the version in which the movie was shot. I hope you don´t get crazy about the swedish subtitles. With them you can also learn a little bit.

I think we have now a little private forum, just Wiki, Sunshine and me. But it´s better when few people are writing than no one.

Have a nive evening
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 13:52

Cool That´s very nice of you, Sabrina. I usually hate German subtitles when you are watching a movie in English and you can´t remove them. I don´t know though if the same applies to any other languages.

It is good to see a few people posting here and I´m sure we´ll become a few more members soon.
I´m also used to very small and private forums where only a few people are posting so I don´t mind that here as well. flower
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 14:22

I like German subtitles, but I don´t have so many DVDs with them. Most of my DVDs have now swedish or english subtitles.

And I just had only one DVD where I couldn´t remove the subtitles.

The forum is hard to find, I think. I just discovered it by luck. So I don´t think that many new mebers will join (and write something). You know, most people don´t write, they only read what the others have to say, sadly…

Nice evening to you and Wiki.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 14:56

I have some German DVDs where you can´t remove the subtitles and I find it disturbing when watching these movies.

A nice evening to you and Wiki as well! flower
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:15

You keep posting and posting... I can´t continue writing my story with Stellan. Maybe tomorrow.

That´s really bad when the subtitles can´t be removed. The swedish subtitles can´t be removed, either. But that´s not so bad. You can learn a lot with them.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:19

flower It´s great when you can learn from watching a movie.

And I´m looking forward to reading your story. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:33

sunshine wrote:
It´s great when you can learn from watching a movie.

And I´m looking forward to reading your story.

Yes, it´s a good thing to learn from subtitles. You can also do it, when you get the DVD.

And to the story: Just wait a little time, then you´ll get it. Maybe on the weekend. I will do my best to make you happy.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

sunshine

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:37

Rolling Eyes I´m usually rather impatient but your story is certainly worth the wait. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabrina

Sabrina

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies EmptyMon 15 Sep - 15:42

sunshine wrote:
I´m usually rather impatient but your story is certainly worth the wait.

Tack så mycket. I don´t know what to say. I think my stories are not so good because it´s always the same. Nice adventure, accident and then help from the friend/wife. But I appreciate that you like my stories. That makes me proud and I will do my best to finish the story in the next days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stellan movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellan movies   Stellan movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Stellan movies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next